If you are setting up a new business venture or considering a different business structure to your current set-up, you may need help to decide on the most suitable trading vehicle and structure for your business. You may also want support with the ongoing company compliance required.
Company formation or registration is the process by which a limited company is created. A limited liability company is considered a separate legal entity or ‘person’ to its directors and shareholders, and there many advantages to conducting your business using a limited company, including shareholders’ assets and finances not being at risk if the business has financial difficulties, easier transfer of business ownership on the death or retirement of the owners, and the ability to raise finance through selling shares.
How can Thorntons help?
At Thorntons, our team can help you through the company formation process and also advise on and prepare bespoke articles of association, shareholders’ agreements and other constitutional documents. In addition, we can give you guidance on company law, corporate governance, directors’ duties, shareholder rights and statutory compliance.
For many businesses, dealing with their company secretarial requirements in-house is a time-consuming task. In addition, they face financial penalties and the risk of being removed from the Register of Companies if they fail to comply with certain filing requirements. Our Company Secretarial team can deal with these matters on your behalf.
Our company secretarial services include:
- Incorporation of limited companies and limited liability partnerships
- Providing registered office services
- Maintaining the statutory registers including the preparation and lodging of annual returns
- An electronic diary system which includes the issue of reminders to you in respect of filing dates for annual accounts and annual returns
- Preparation of notices and agendas for company meetings
- Attending to filing requirements relating to the appointment and resignation of directors and company secretary
- Preparing documentation in relation to the allotment of shares, transfer of shares and alterations to share capital
- Advising clients in relation to statutory company procedures
- Filing of dormant company accounts
- Dealing with all incoming mail
Using bespoke technology, our dedicated team will keep on top of the paperwork and other returns required to be lodged by your company or limited liability partnership.